I have a question about an RTC clock. Before everyone jumps on and says there is lots of code please read my whole rant, er question. So, I'm designing an incubator that needs to log temperature and time. Simple, lots of applications have the same requirements, I've read lots of text about them. Lots of code on how to do a clock. However, I have never seen complete clock code. By that I mean, I can program the time in at code time but how do you change the time and date? Eventually you will need to set it. Either because of a power outage or maybe a time change. I started writing the code and two things became obvious. First, it took a lot of code to cover it all and second how to display the menu and choices was really subjective. I've done several projects where when it got to alpha testing someone always asks who coded this? What is obvious to me is less than clear to a user who has no idea what the buttons and lights mean. The main display is just the temp on an LED due to to the ability to read the display easier in a dim environment so do you add an LCD just to set the time? Add individual LED's for some functions? This involves a whole realm of user interface that I'm just not that good at. And please, I'm not looking for some answer like put in lights or use buttons, but rather concrete complete answers. I know this is a rather burdensome request but I'm hoping for a few ideas in which I get possibly a new direction to go. Currently I have an LCD, two line, 16 character that brings up date and time by button pushes. It's also used to display time/temp anomalies. One button to activate the menu, one button for up and one for down and another button for selection which advances to the next screen. When you get to the end of the choices it writes the date and time to the clock. The menu starts with the day, then month then year, then minutes then hour. Current value on top line and when you push a button the new value in written on the bottom line. I can post the code but as I said it is very lengthy and I'm not sure that really is productive in this situation. Anyone written a complete solution for a clock? Code isn't really as important to me as how the selections were made, what kind of display, buttons, switches, how was selection made. Is it really this simple or am I way off base?